Are you hungry? Starving? In the mood for the best freaking lunch, you’ve ever had? Then look no further!
Today my good friends I have a peng New York deli-inspired bagel for you! Well, I think it’s New York deli-inspired, to be honest, I have never been to New York, but I think it’s pretty close. If not… Just talk shit about me on social media.
For this sandwich (is it a sandwich? I don’t really know) you will need:
- 2 medium sized gherkins (or pickles if you are from the U.S)
- 1 slice of burger cheese (you know that processed stuff that comes already sliced in individual packets)
- 3 rashes of salt beef
- 1 bagel of your choosing.
Why burger cheese?
Ok, so I know what you’re thinking. You’ve probably gouda question for me. Why am I using burger cheese instead of say cheddar or Emmental? Well, basically, something magical happens when you melt burger cheese, it goes all warm and gooey. The flavour is quite mild as well so rather than overpowering the other ingredients in mergers with them to create a heavenly taste! But of course if you don’t want to use this type of cheese you can use any you want! But trust me, burger cheese works the best!
How to make a New York deli-inspired bagel
- Right to start things off you, obviously, need to cut the bagel in half. Once that’s done bang them in the toaster to make them nice a crispy
- Whilst the bagels are toasting its time to multi-task. Turn the grill on to high, and once that’s done slice the gherkins in 1/2 length ways.
- Once the bagels have toasted its time to assemble, well half assemble, kind of like the Avengers did in the first 30 minutes of the film. Take the bagels and spread a nice coating of mayonnaise on each side. Then take the gherkins and lay them flesh side down onto the bottom half of the bagel. If you have OCD like me it’s a good idea to lay two each side of the centre of the bagel. After that is done lay the slices of salt beef on top on the gherkins. I like to fold them a bit so they don’t spill over the sides. Then finally place the slice of burger cheese on top of the salt beef.
- Take the bottom half of the bagel which has the gherkins, beef, and cheese and place it under the grill for roughly 3 minutes. But keep an eye on it as it all depends on how good your grill is. Pretty much you just want to warm the cheese up, once the sides start dripping down its time to take that bad boy out.
- Once the cheese has perfectly melted take it out from under the grill and transfer it onto a plate. Place the top half of the bagel on top and lightly press down. This will squish the cheese making it ooze everywhere and help stick the two halves together.
- The last step, which is optional, is to cut it in half. Do this carefully though as you don’t want to rip all the filling out.
Bish Bash Bosh! There you have it a New York deli-inspire bagel DONE!
Thanks for reading this simple, but delicious recipe. Don’t forget to share in on myface, the birdy thing, and the place where pin stuff which is on interest to you 😀